Art of Lock Picking
Lock Pick Sets!
- "I own several sets of lock picks including Sparrows and SouthOrd and while I love those sets nothing truly compares to these picks.The handles are an absolute luxury that I will never again be able to go without!"Nick R.Customer
- "I think this set is worth every penny. I don’t have a single complaint and have yet to come across a lock that I cannot tackle with the lock picks provided."Christopher B.Customer
- "Art of Lock Picking has truly been a great help in learning lock picking. I ran across their lock picking guide, bought these picks per recommendation of that guide and have opened everything I have stuck my picks in so far. Can’t wait to see what I am picking in a few months!"Harith J.Customer
Beginner Lock Pick Sets
We believe the best beginner lock pick sets are those that not only include all the tools that you need to develop a solid foundation in lock picking, but also progress in the craft—without the need for any other tools!
The truth is, you don’t need a huge set of lock picks to get started. In fact it's better that you start with a small set. As a beginner, swapping between 17 different tools will only give you 17 different variations of the same feedback. It can be very difficult to learn anything when the information you receive is always changing.
This is our handpicked collection of the best beginner lock pick sets that we believe will best serve anyone looking for to begin their journey into the craft of lock picking!
Showing all 8 results
GSP Ghost Lock Pick SetAdd to cart
GSP Mayor Lock Pick SetAdd to cart
GSP Governor Lock Pick Set$125.99 Add to cart
Bogie Evasion and Escape Set$25.99 Add to cart
GSP Talon Lock Pick Set$64.99 Add to cart
GSP Eagles Nest Lock Pick Set$84.99 Add to cart
GSP Dark Web Lock Pick Set$117.99 Add to cart
GSP Wombat Lock Pick SetAdd to cart
MORE ABOUT OUR LOCK PICKING SETS
Here at Art of Lock Picking, we offer only the best lock pick sets. Sets that have been hand-selected and favored by locksmiths, military specialists and hobbyists pickers alike.
We may not have the biggest selection of lock picking tools, but we do have the highest quality! By browsing our collection you can feel at ease knowing that everything we offer will live up to your expectations!
We have something for everyone! If you are just starting out, we have some of the best beginner lock pick sets that include the ideal selection of picks to help you start slaying locks fast! No fluffy sets!
We believe that the best lock pick sets include at least four things:
- Are constructed from high-quality materials
- Include handles
- Have an ideal selection of lock picking tools – no fluff
- Include high quality and long-lasting cases.
Materials Used to Make Our Lock Picks
Your preference of pick material will essentially determine the lifespan of your picks, how of a beating they can take, and how well they will perform while picking
If you choose picks made of poor material they could easily bend, break, or rust — any of which makes it difficult to continue using the tool.
We offer two categories of picks – GSP and ENP – all of which include ergonomic handles!
- GSP stands for Government Steel Picks and is an elite stainless steel alloy that is much stronger than carbon spring steel. This special steel is exclusive to Peterson locksmithing tools which makes GSP lock picks the strongest and longest-lasting picks on the market.
- ENP are picks are made from 10-95 Carbon Spring Steel that has an electroless nickel plating. This plating technique prevents corrosion and wear of the steel. It also adds another layer to the pick, much like that of a skateboard, that helps further strengthen the lock pick.
Handled Lock Picks
There is something about holding tiny tools in your hands for an extended amount of time that will cause you pain… and not just physical but emotional. There are few things worse in this world than being so close to opening a lock and having to drop your tools because of hand cramps or bleeding fingers.
To solve this affliction, each and every pick included in all of our lock pick sets have an ergonomic handle that is either plastic or rubber molded.
These handles are the real deal and help ensure that your picks don’t rub and cut into your fingers.
In addition, an unknown fact about lock pick handles is that because they cover more surface area of your hand, they will transmit more feedback while picking!
Fluffy Beginner Lock Pick Sets
One of the biggest selling points many manufactures use to sell beginner lock pick sets is to include a variety of useless tools.
The truth is, you really don’t need that much to start lock picking — actually you don’t much at any skill level of lock picking. Most tools are fluff.
That set of 150 different lock picks is cool, but in essence, each pick is simply a slight variation of the same tool with very small differences in utility.
High-Quality Lock Pick Cases
When you invest in tools, you definitely want them to last. Having solid case to house your lock picks will aid in keeping them nice for years to come. Not to mention help you from losing them.
Each of our lock pick sets is cased in either a high quality padded nylon case or a slender real leather case or roll.